This fall Chapman University is auctioning off permits for Reserved spaces and The Villa Park Orchard (VPO) Lot. The auction will be held online and the VPO and Reserved Space auctions will be simultaneous. The auctions will begin with a high price, and every 30 minutes this posted price will fall.
- In order to bid, you can either enter a bid at the current posted price, or indicate the most that you are willing to pay for a permit.
- The auction will end when the number of people willing to pay at least the current posted price equals the number of permits available.
- All winners will pay the final (lowest) posted price, even if they bid more.
- Winning bidders in the Reserved Space Auction must buy a $330 parking permit in addition to paying the final auction price.
- Winning VPO bidders pay only the final auction price. VPO winners who have already paid the $330 fee will be reimbursed upon return of the purchased decal.
- In the event of a tie, the bidder who placed his/her bid first will win the permit.