Event Planning Guide

» 18. Vendors

Chapman considers a vendor to be anyone selling or promoting their business on campus that is not affiliated with the university. The university allows vendors on campus only if they’ve been invited by a Chapman department or organization. Please continue reading if your organization plans on bringing a vendor to Chapman. 

All vendors who come to campus must comply with the below procedures and policies.

Including a Vendor at Your Event

If you intend to invite a vendor to participate in your event, you must have the proposed vendor complete and/or scan copies of the following:

  1. Signed Vendor Agreement
  2. Copy of Seller’s Permit 
  3. Business License
  4. Certificate of Insurance
  • General Liability
  • Worker's Compensation (if someone other than the owners are selling)
  • Auto Insurance (if driving vehicle to campus to drop off materials)


  • Chapman must be listed as additionally insured on the Certificate of Insurance. See the Risk Management website for Certificate of Insurance: Indemnity and Insurance Requirements for more details.
  • If a vendor does not have insurance, event coverage insurance may be purchased through the Special Events TULIP Liability Insurance Program. Performers or speakers who have executed a Chapman Speaker/Performer Agreement with the University may be approved to sell their own promotional items. See contract wording to verify.
  • Food and drink vendors at events – When inquiring about bringing in an outside food vendor for events, you must work with and obtain approval from Sodexo’s Restaurant Services.

See Section 13 - Fundraising for working with vendors for fundraisers.


Justin Koppelman
Civic Engagement Initiatives 

(714) 997-6894

For Student Organizations:
(714) 997-6761