Hotels and MotelsFor a list of nearby hotels and motels reference Admission’s Visiting Chapman site
**Note: Be sure to mention Chapman University to inquire about any special discounted rates (except at the Disneyland Hotel).
Payment Options for Accomodations
There are several different ways to go about paying and/or receiving reimbursement for accommodations.
**Note: For all payment options decide if the cost covered includes incidentals (movies, room service, mini bar, Internet etc.). Communicate this with the hotel before guest arrives. Also make sure to verify, confirm and make clear with the hotel and necessary parties BEFORE the guest arrives to avoid confusion.
Request a pre-payment check
- Get an invoice from the hotel prior to the arrival of your guest
- Complete a Check Request Form (found on MyWindow), attach the invoice and submit to Financial Services
- Financial Services will then write a check to the hotel from Chapman University
- This check can be mailed directly to the hotel from Financial Services or can be picked up by the event coordinator and hand-delivered to the hotel prior to the guest’s arrival
- This form of payment requires that the club and/or organization have an on-campus account as money will be paid from the on-campus budge. Reference Section 10 - University Accounts and Funding.
- An individual pays the hotel cost up front and requests a receipt for payment from the hotel
- Submit the receipt to Financial Services for reimbursement
- Some hotels have client accounts with Chapman University
- Work with Purchasing to determine whether or not this is can be used for your event
- This form of payment requires that the club and/or organization have an on-campus account as money will be paid from the on-campus budget. Reference Section 10 - University Accounts and Funding.
Things to think about when hosting a guest at a hotel
- Leaving information at the hotel (front desk and/or in the room). This can include information, schedules, gift baskets etc.
- Figuring out transportation to the hotel, as well as back and forth from campus, other necessary venues etc. Reference Section 21 - Transportation