We have a new functionality built into our website that allows you to load pages with a particular tab or collapsible region open, load the home page on a particular 'stage' or load the home page with the slider being paused to start. If you’re interested in learning more about what a query string is, you can find a very descriptive article here.
It’s not necessary to know what they are to use them, just follow the simple instructions below
Linking to home page slides
Using the instruction below will allow you to:
- Load the home page on a particular 'stage', I.e. The 'create' stage or the 'global' stage, etc.
- Load the home page with the slider being paused to start (I.e., does not auto play)
- To load a particular stage add '?stage=OPTION' to the end of the url, so an example would be http://www.chapman.edu?stage=create or http://www.chapman.edu/index.aspx?stage=0
- OPTION == 0, 1 ,2 , 3 or 4 (for each of the stages available) as well as imagine, explore, create, global or leaders
- To load the home page with auto play disabled, the query string is as follows '?autoplay=false'
So, some examples of the two by their own, or combined (notice you can specify the file or the directory, either works):
- http://www.chapman.edu?stage=4 or http://www.chapman.edu?stage=leaders
Linking to a specific tab on a page
To load a page with a particular tab open, utilize the following links (pay attention to the tabbed area in the main content column)
- http://www.chapman.edu/academics/degrees-and-programs.aspx (default, same as http://www.chapman.edu/academics/degrees-and-programs.aspx?startingtab=0 )
Please note, first tab is '0' not '1', so the third tab would actually be '2', opposite of what we’re all used to, but it’s important to ensure that the query string works.
Linking to a specific collapsible region on a page
To load a page with a particular collapsible region open, utilize the following links:
Those are the basics! If you need help using query strings, feel free to contact your web coordinator with any questions.