»Information Security Projects and Services
- Laptop Encryption - Chapman laptops are encrypted
to prevent loss of data (e.g. a laptop is lost or stolen.)
- Mobile Device Management - Loss of a mobile device linked
to Chapman email should be reported immediately. Information
Security can wipe the device remotely to protect against the loss of
data. We recommend putting a screen lock on any device capable of
checking Chapman email.
- Identity Management - We are doing the groundwork to
prepare for an enterprise solution that will streamline the process of
creating and managing student, staff, and faculty accounts. Access
to accounts is managed by our team.
- Log Retention Policies
- Network Security and Forensics
- Spam Gallery - A gallery of real life samples
of spam and phishing attempts sent to Chapman email addresses.
- Information Security Policies and
- Training and Awareness
(includes guest lecturing) - Our
expertise is available to provide training and awareness for the growing
threat landscape. We can provide training on policy, acceptable
computer use, malware prevention, best practices, identifying spam and
phishing attempts, and the protection of sensitive data. This
training can also help participants to be informed and better protected
while using personal (non-Chapman owned) computers.
- Data Disposal (disks, PCs, mobile
devices, etc.) - The
Department of Information Security can properly dispose of data.
Drop off or schedule a pickup of devices, and we will ensure that the
data is wiped(removed) properly.
Controls - Our
experts can examine your file shares, computers, and other devices to
confirm that they are properly configured to prevent unauthorized access.
- Site Visits/Audits - Schedule a time for our
security team to do a full assessment of your department's data
security. We can do an assessment, and provide guidance and support
on how to improve operations, security, and dissemination of data.
- Risk Analysis and Assessment - Risk Analysis can be provided on potential or existing
systems to give an educated assessment of what kind of safeguard are
necessary to be compliant and protected.
- Electronic Privacy - Our services revolve around protecting our students,
employees, and faculty privacy. This includes proper access
controls, training, policies and standards, data disposal, and many more.
- Intrusion Detection - The detection and prevention of intrusions is a
paramount responsibility of Information Security. We work every day
to improve our ability to protect Chapman assets and users.
- Incident Response - Incidents are handled promptly and professionally once
reported. Information Security employs all tools at its disposal to
investigate, report, and respond to incidents that arise.
- eDiscovery (Identification of sensitive
structured or un-structured data at rest)
- Forensic Investigations (Workstation,
Network Appliance, Mobile Device)
- Identity and Access Management - Our department works diligently to provide the proper
access needed by our employees, students, and faculty. A new and
exciting tool to revolutionize this process will be introduce soon.
Featured - News - Events (Featured active)
Do Not Show
View the published page to see this section.