Chapman University has wired and wireless networking capabilities in most areas on campus. This free service allows students, staff, faculty and campus guests to move around campus while maintaining an Internet connection.
+-How to Connect to Chapman's Wireless Network with Windows 7
- Look in the bottom right corner of the desktop in the system tray for the wireless icon and left click on it.
- It will pop up a window showing available wireless networks. You should see “Chapman University Network” on the list, left click on it.
- Once you click on “Chapman University Network”, you will see:
- Check the box to “Connect Automatically” and then click on Connect.
- You will see this pop up as your laptop establishes a connection to our network.
- Once you successfully connect, the original icon you clicked on will look like this and you are on the Internet!
+-How to Connect to Chapman's Wireless Network with a Mac
- Click on the Airport icon at the top-right of the screen.
- Turn on the Airport.
- The Airport icon should now look like this:
- Click on the Airport icon again to make sure "Chapman University Network" is on the list and there is a check mark on it.
- Click on the Airport icon and select "Open Internet Connect…"
- The status of the AirPort showing Signal Level and other information. You are now connected to Chapman’s wireless network.