Chapman staff and faculty who have mailboxes on the Chapman Exchange Server can use Outlook Web Access (OWA) to access their Chapman email accounts over the web. Please see the Email Usage Guidelines for tips on using email appropriately at Chapman University.
»Email for Faculty and Staff
+-How to Access through the Web
- Microsoft Exchange - Many Faculty and Staff may access their email through the web via Microsoft Exchange.
- WebMail - After October 18th, 2013, WebMail will no longer be available to Faculty and Staff. All Faculty and Staff will have a Microsoft Exchange email account.
+-How To Setup Exchange Email on iPhone/iPad
How to setup iPhone with new Exchange account
1. To add an Exchange account to your iOS device, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Microsoft Exchange.
2. On the next screen, enter your complete email address, domain, username, password, and a description (which may be anything you like). Ask your Exchange Server administrator if you are unsure of the domain. If you are unable to view your folder list, or are unable to send or receive email, leave the domain field blank.
3. Your iOS device will now try to locate your Exchange Server using Microsoft's Autodiscovery service. If it cannot locate the server, you will see the screen below. Enter your front-end Exchange Server's complete address in the Server field. Contact your Exchange Server administrator if you are unsure of the address.
Your iOS device will try to create a secure (SSL) connection to your Exchange Server. If it cannot do this, it will try a non-SSL connection. To override the SSL setting, go into Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your Exchange account, tap Account Info, then toggle the Use SSL slider.
After successfully making a connection to the Exchange Server, you may be prompted to change your device passcode to match whatever policies may have been set on your server.
4. Choose which type or types of data you would like to synchronize: Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Note that by default, only three days' worth of email is synchronized. To synchronize more, go into Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your Exchange account, and tap on Mail days to sync.
Note that after configuring an Exchange ActiveSync account, all existing contact and calendar information on the iOS device is overwritten. Additionally, iTunes no longer syncs contacts and calendars with your desktop computer. You can still sync your iOS device wirelessly with MobileMe services.
+-How To Remove Email on iPhone/iPad
How to Remove Old Account from iPhone
Delete an email account
From the Home screen choose Settings:
Then click on Mail, Contacts, Calendars:
Tap an account arrow on the right to Expand to Advanced:
Tap an account, then scroll down and tap Delete Account.
You will be prompted with this screen:
“Deleting this account will remove its mail from your iPhone”
Tap Delete Account, and the account has been removed.
+-How To Setup Exchange Email on Windows 8
How to Add Exchange Email on Windows 8
From the start page chose Mail icon:
*If you already have another type of account set up –
- Within the mail program swipe from right side of the screen
- Choose settings
- Then accounts
- Choose add an account
- Then choose Exchange
Choose "Exchange" as the email account type
Type your Chapman username and password at the prompt
Choose "Enforce these policies"
+-How to Setup Exchange Email on Android
How to Setup Exchange Email on Android
Android email set up varies from device to device, to set up your android device do the following:
1. Go to Settings
2. Then open Accounts
3. Tap on Add Account
4. Choose Exchange Activesync, Microsoft Exchange, or Corporate for the account type
5. You may need to provide all or some of the following
a. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Account: chapmanedu\username
c. Password: Your Chapman password
d. Domain name: chapmanedu
6. Check the check box to use an SSL connection
7. You will get a warning that Exchange has security features that will need to be enforced. You must agree to this to get email on your device.
8. Choose the items you want to sync on your device.
+-How to Setup Exchange on a Mac
- Open Outlook for Mac 2011. On the Tools menu, click Accounts
- In the lower-left corner of the Accounts dialog box, click +, and then click Exchange.
- On the Enter your Exchange account information page, type your e-mail address.
- Under Authentication, make sure User Name and Password is selected.
- In User name, type chapman.edu\(username).
- Make sure Configure automatically is selected, and then click Add Account.
- After you click Add Account, Outlook will perform an online search to find your e-mail server settings. In the dialog box that asks you if you want to allow the server to configure your settings, select the Always use my response for this server check box, and then click Allow.
If Outlook is able to set up your account, you'll see the account you set up in the left pane of the Accounts dialog box. Close the Accounts dialog box. If Outlook isn't able to set up your account, contact the Service Desk at 714-997-6600 or email@example.com for assistance.
Use your Chapman username and password to log into Microsoft Outlook (Exchange) Web Access.
If you have questions about your username and password(s), please view our Password Help page.
+-Service Desk Support
- Information Systems & Technology
- Service Desk+
- Network Services+
- Computer Labs+
- PantherMail for students
- Purchase Agreements
- Computing for Residence Halls
- Email for Faculty & Staff+
- Activate Your Account+
- PeopleSoft Enterprise Resource Planning
- Blackboard: Students+
- Purchasing Agreements: Students+
- Purchasing Agreements: Faculty & Staff+
- Computer Lab Reservations+
- Media Services