For Recognized Student Organizations – contact Student & Campus Life - Argyros Forum 303 - (714) 997-6761
For University departments, faculty, or staff – contact your Director - Department Chair or the Dean of your school/college
All contracts are accessible only through the Chapman University MyWindow portal. To access them, log-in using your Chapman username and password. The following links will only work when logged into MyWindow.
- Authorized signatures - Contracts may ONLY be signed by the Chief Operating Officer after being submitted through the appropriate channels. Do NOT sign contracts or enter into any verbal contracts for your department, student organization, or any other Chapman affiliated group or entity.
- Before your event - Contracts must be fully executed (signed by both parties) PRIOR to any advertising and arrival the day of your event. Do not plan to have contracts signed the day of your event or after the conclusion of your event.
- Paid or volunteer performers - Contracts address compensation, liability, risk management, and other issues. Contracts must be completed for ALL performers and service providers whether they are paid or volunteer performances or services.
- Embedded contracts - Contractual language is sometimes embedded within invoices from vendors and performers. These need to be reviewed and signed by the Chief Operating Officer as well.
- Recommended University template agreements - Chapman has contract/agreement templates for a variety of services and performances which you are highly encouraged to use. Some vendors or performers may provide you with their own contract in place of the University templates. Two contracts may not be signed for the same service or venue. If the party with whom you are contracting requires that you use the agreement provided by that party, you will submit that contract for review in place of the provided University templates.
- Riders - Contracts may include hospitality or technical riders given by the artist as criteria for performance. The hospitality rider is a list of requests for the comfort of the artist on the day of the show. Some common requests are specific meals, towels, a runner, security and room accommodations. The technical rider defines the types of equipment to be used and staff to be provided. Riders must be reviewed and approved with the contract agreement.
- Paying a current student, staff, or faculty member - If you intend to pay a current Chapman employee, current Chapman student, or any other individual with prior or future employment connections to Chapman for services rendered, review the Employee/Independent Contractor Checklist to determine which, if any, of the following apply:
- If you intend to pay any current student or student who has been enrolled within the last 4 months, you must submit this form to Student Employment.
- If you intend to pay any Chapman Employee (faculty, staff, full or part-time), you must submit this form to Payroll.
- If it is an outside contractor or vendor, submit to Financial Services, along with a check request and W-9 form.
- Start early - Depending on the complexity of the contract and the length of negotiation of contract terms, review of the contract may take several days to several months. Contracts executed without changes on the provided templates are usually processed more quickly.
University Contract Templates can be found on the Forms page of MyWindow.
In addition, if the contract indicates payment will be processed, you will also need to have the artist or company sign a W-9 Form.
To learn more about the contract review process, click here.