Learn about the continued achievements of The Argyros School from the latest in faculty research to the expanding reaches of our professional network.
- Insights from local business leader David Pyott, chairman of the board, president and CEO, Allergan
- Introducing The Janes Financial Center — An advanced financial analysis center with 12 Bloomberg terminals
- A Walk Down Wall Street — Finance students travel with Dean Reggie Gilyard and professor Terry Burnham to New York to meet Wall Street’s movers and shakers.
- Dr. Gokcen Coskuner-Balli published in Journal of Consumer Research and interviewed by The Wall Street Journal — “The Status Costs of Subordinate Cultural Capital: At-Home Fathers’ Collective Pursuit of Cultural Legitimacy through Capitalizing Consumption Practices”
- The Legacy of Dr. Don Booth — After 55 years of service, Booth is set to retire in spring 2014
Each issue, we will bring you insights from an industry expert who is shaping the greater business community. Below is an excerpt from our interview with David Pyott, Chairman of the Board, President, and Chief Executive Officer, Allergan.
Q: How does your organization foster innovation?
A: At Allergan, we truly believe that we can all learn from each other and that great ideas can come from all parts of the company. That is why, earlier this year; I launched our first Allergan “CEO Challenge,” a virtual global brainstorm, where employees from around the world shared their thoughts and suggestions for innovative ways that we can improve our company. More than 4,000 employees participated in the challenge. As a result, we identified a number of great new ideas that will enhance the way we operate and, therefore, our ability to meet the needs of our various customers and stakeholders.