Alumni couples share a very special bond with each other: Panther Pride. Both partners being graduates of Chapman University has its perks – you just know what your partner is talking about when referring to a place on campus, a piece of history or tradition, or that professor who made a major impact. You both have a deep understanding of the Chapman culture. College is an unforgettable experience that creates lifelong friendships and for some, a spouse! Whether you met freshman year or many years after graduation, you are still Chapman Sweethearts. Love must be in the air at our alma mater: there are more than 700 Sweetheart couples!
» Chapman Sweethearts
- What is a Chapman Sweetheart?
- Anniversary Cards
- Date Nights and Upcoming Events
A Chapman Sweetheart is defined as any graduate married to another Chapman graduate. Timing is everything and that is why we don’t discriminate.
- You may have met in grade school and went to college together like Mary (Woods) Wahl ’05 and Daniel Wahl (MBA ’12) or Mariajose (Cienfuegos) Quaranta '12 and Severin Quaranta '13.
- You may have met during orientation or at your on campus job like Jennifer (Heide) Hall '03 and Ryan Hall '02 or like John Alexander '70 and Lynda (Porter) Alexander '71.
- You may have met in your professional career or with some friends after Chapman like Stephen Ummel '85 and Kathleen (Newton) Ummel '84 or Pat (Wood) Elliott '60 (M.A.'74) and Tom Elliott '60.
- You may have even met at Chapman, lost touch, ran into each other and fell in love like Jeff '98 and Ami (Custodia) Garvin '98 (M.A. '08) or Emilie (Danielson) Britton ’64 and Terry Britton '64.
The Alumni Engagement Office wants to recognize the two of you on your anniversary. If you did not receive a card, please share your anniversary date with us and your updated mailing address. Share your anniversary date »
Grab your sweetheart and join us for at an event at Chapman U. Chapman has so much to offer alumni with speakers, plays, performances, movies and more. Why not come back and see how Chapman has changed and reminisce with your one and only over the memories created.
Upcoming Date Nights
- Check back soon for Sweetheart date nights this summer and fall.
To learn more about date nights or plan your own, please contact Deanna Blanchet '12 and firstname.lastname@example.org or (714) 628-2777.
Past Date Nights and Family Events
- Chapman Family Night at Angel Stadium
- Coffee & Crepe Night at the Elliott Alumni House
- Date Night at Chapman U: Trainwreck in collaboration with Dodge College Film and Media Arts
- Date Night at Chapman U: The Elixir of Love in collaboration with the College of Performing Arts