Global Study Learning Outcome: Connects contemporary social and/or environmental topics to their origins and analyzes their effects on our increasingly globalized world
The Global Study Cluster area was assessed in the spring 2012. The assessment of the student work samples collected resulted in the following action steps.
Action Steps Taken:
- Evaluation rubric for Global Study was designed around new outcome statement.
- Courses will be recertified by the GE Committee in light of the redesigned rubric and outcome statement.
- New outcome statement and rubric criteria will be widely distributed to faculty members teaching Global Studies courses each semester for consistency.
- In the future, specific assignment prompts should accompany student work samples that are collected for the purpose of Global Studies assessment.
- The next Global Studies assessment should be conducted within the next 5 years.
- The sample size will be increased to ensure assessment validity.