The Global Study Cluster area was assessed in the spring 2012. The assessment of the student work samples collected resulted in the following action steps.
Action Steps Taken:
- Evaluation rubric for Global Study was designed around new outcome statement.
- Courses will be recertified by the GE Committee in light of the redesigned rubric and outcome statement.
- New outcome statement and rubric criteria will be widely distributed to faculty members teaching Global Studies courses each semester for consistency.
- In the future, specific assignment prompts should accompany student work samples that are collected for the purpose of Global Studies assessment.
- The next Global Studies assessment should be conducted within the next 5 years.
- The sample size will be increased to ensure assessment validity.