Credit equivalents: 40 hours = 1 credit; 80 hours = 2 credits; 120 hours = 3 credits
To propose an Individualized Experiential Learning Project (IELP):
- Review the IELP description:
- IELP 201 - for 200-level projects
- IELP 201 GC - for 200-level projects meeting the 7GC GE area
- IELP 201 CC - for 200-level projects meeting the7CC GE area
- IELP 401 - for advanced experiential projects
- IELP 401 GC - for advanced experiential projects meeting the 7GC GE area
- IELP 401 CC - for advanced experiential projects meeting the 7CC GE area
- Contact the Career Development Center at (714) 997-6942 or email@example.com to make an appointment with an advisor to pick up the Individualized Experiential Learning Project Agreement (IELPA) form for registration
- It is advised to have your proposal prepared a term in advance for review.
- Contact a faculty sponsor who can assist you in identifying project learning objectives
- Return the completed IELPA form to the CDC
- The CDC will forward your IELPA form to the Vice Chancellor for Undergraduate Education for approval; if you're requesting GE credit, GE Committee approval is required as well
- Upon approval, your form will be forwarded to the Registrar to complete the registration process
- Your IELP will then appear on your program evaluation as IELP 201, IELP 201 GC, IELP 201 CC, IELP 401, IELP 401 GC, or IELP 401 CC.
Note: Please be aware that the proposal process requires advance planning and review time. Your request for registration must be approved by the deadlines published on the Academic Calendar page.