The General Education program at Chapman reflects the University’s mission to provide its students with a personalized education of distinction that leads to inquiring, ethical, and productive lives as global citizens.
We therefore encourage students to individually shape their GE program to provide the most benefit for their educational journey, using it to develop new areas of knowledge and to make connections across courses and disciplines between their GE and major.
The GE program goals are to help students:
- Develop the means of critical inquiry in academic and civic matters
- Gain breadth of knowledge in the liberal arts and depth of knowledge in areas unique to Chapman
- Cultivate ethical awareness in learning and practice
- Engage in experiential learning as thoughtful, principled citizens in a local and global sense
- Become independent thinkers able to sustain a lifelong desire for intellectual growth