Women of Chapman is a vibrant group of philanthropic-minded women who are strongly dedicated to a program of service to Chapman University. Members enjoy a number of educational and fashion-oriented programs throughout the year, including the group’s signature fundraising event, Christmas at The Ritz. Starting with just 35 members when it was founded in 1971, the group now comprises more than 220 Women of Chapman.
Over the past four decades, Women of Chapman has given nearly $5 million in gifts to support Chapman University. Gifts from Women of Chapman have been designated for student scholarships and various programs and capital campaigns across campus.
The group’s recent $1.5 million pledge of support to two major capital campaigns is the largest in Women of Chapman history. This gift will name the Women of Chapman Center Stage in the state-of-the-art new Center for the Arts and the Women of Chapman Open-Air Bridge in Millennial Studios, the planned expansion of Dodge College’s Marion Knott Studios.
Notable gifts to Chapman University include:
- Women of Chapman Endowed Filmmaker Fund, which supports senior film projects for students in Dodge College of Film and Media Arts
- Scholarship support over the years to World Campus Afloat (Semester at Sea) and later to Chapman’s general scholarship fund
- Dr. Albert Schweitzer public exhibit (located in Argyros Forum)
- The Fashionables Courtyard and Sacred Mound Garden in the Fish Interfaith Center
- The Fashionables Terrace in the Leatherby Libraries
- The Fashionable Women of Chapman Rotunda Boardroom and Terrace in Marion Knott Studios