The 4,000 square foot Julianne Argyros Fitness Center has been remodeled to create a more efficient and welcoming environment for the Chapman community. The Center promotes wellness and healthy lifestyles by providing a space to host a variety of exercise activities and physical education classes.
Julianne Argyros Fitness Center
»Julianne Argyros Fitness Center
- Cardio equipment with interactive touchscreens, Apple and Android compatibility, TV programming and on-demand videos
- Strength equipment with fully adjustable pads and weights to work your entire body
- The Life Fitness Synrgy360® for dynamic, high energy workouts.
Following Renovation, the center will be transformed into a premier facility with a variety of modern features.
There will be three Fitness Zones to meet all of your needs:
- Strength Training Zone: free weights, strength equipment and the Synrgy360T®
- Cardio Zone: Treadmills, elliptical machines, and cycling equipment
- Multi-Purpose Zone: Free exercise space available for stretching and free weight workouts
- Large flat screen TVs built-in to mirrors
- An improved sound system with Internet radio
- Revamped air conditioning
- Sustainable cork and bamboo materials will be used for flooring, walls and ceiling
- Strength training zone flooring made from recycled rubber
- All light fixtures are dual circuited, allowing greater flexibility to conserve power
+-Sharing the Fitness Center
The Fitness Center hosts Physical Activity (PA) courses for current students. The Fitness Center is open for use during PA courses; however, students enrolled in these credit-bearing classes will have priority use of certain equipment related to the course. If you are interested in registering for one of these courses, visit the registration information website.
The Argyros Forum Student Union hosts free, non-credit group fitness sessions each week! If you are interested in participating in group fitness, please visit the Student Union entertainment & services page.
Fitness Center Waiver
All students, faculty, and staff must sign the Fitness Center Waiver before using the Julianne Argyros Fitness Center. If you are under the age of 18, the form must be signed by your parent or guardian; the signed form can be emailed to email@example.com or you can bring in a signed copy.
- Fitness & Wellness
- Julianne Argyros Fitness Center
- Fitness Challenge+
- Fitness Challenge Components+
- Challenge Points+
Contact Us / Hours
Argyros Fitness Center Guest Relations
Located between the Hutton Sports Center and Wilson Field
Finals week Hours
Monday - Friday: 5 a.m. - midnight
Saturday and Sunday: 8 a.m. - midnight
Interterm Session Hours
Monday - Thursday: 5 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 10am - 6 p.m.