SAFE RIDE FINALS WEEK SCHEDULE MODIFICATION:
Monday- 7:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
Tuesday- 7:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
Wednesday- 7:30 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Thursday- 7:30 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Friday and Saturday - Safe Ride will not be operational. The program will resume the first day of the Spring Semester.
Public Safety will still provide escorts to Chapman Constituents throughout the Winter Break and Interterm.
The Chapman University Department of Public Safety, in partnership with Associated Students, is pleased to announce Operation Safe Ride. This service is provided to escort students, faculty, staff and visitors around Chapman University during the hours in which safety is of utmost concern. Those designated hours are from 7:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. (PDT) Monday to Wednesday, 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. Thursday, and 8 p.m. to 3 a.m. Friday to Saturday. Public Safety Officers can also provide an escort anytime outside those hours if requested by someone who feels the need for a safe escort. The service is offered free of charge and provides a designated person who will pick up a student, faculty member, staff member and/or visitor to the Campus, and deliver that person to their vehicle, room in the resident halls, or location within the following boundaries:
- North to Katella Ave
- South to Almond St
- East to Tustin Ave
- West to Batavia
How it Works
- When a request for a safe ride is received, within the specified boundaries, a driver will be dispatched to the location. Once the driver arrives he/she will notify the dispatcher that they are at the location. The dispatcher will then call the requesting party and advise them that the Safe-Ride is on scene. This will eliminate people, worried about their safety, waiting outside alone
Persons utilizing this service must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Persons utilizing Safe-Ride shall not abuse the system and are limited to no more than four trips in one night.
- Drivers will only wait a maximum of three minutes after the dispatcher has notified the customer that the ride is on scene.
- All passengers must wear their safety belt and Safe-Ride vehicles will not be filled beyond their capacity.
- Drivers will not tolerate or accept rude, boisterous, or dangerous behavior from anyone. All inappropriate behavior will be reported to Public Safety.
- Carrying an open or unsealed container of alcohol and/or illegal drugs is prohibited. Smoking is not allowed at any time.
- Each passenger is allowed to carry two small pieces of luggage. Both pieces must be able to fit safely in the rear storage compartment of the vehicle.
All persons utilizing this service should be aware that wait times may vary based on call load