»Frequently Asked Questions for Undergraduates
+-What are Chapman’s most popular undergraduate programs?
+-What is an average class size?
Most undergraduate classes will range from 10-29 students.
+-How large is the university?
Graduate and Law School: 1,887
+-What factors are used to determine admission?
At Chapman University, our students are evaluated for admission based on a holistic review, which means we factor several components into the admission decision including:
- Strength of curriculum
- Grade trends
- Letters of recommendation
- Extracurricular activities/ jobs/ non-academic activities or responsibilities
- Major preference and preparation for major
+-Does Chapman require standardized testing?
Yes. Students may take the ACT or the SAT. The average SAT score is 1882 and the average ACT is a 28. We do not require SAT subject tests, but we do require the writing portion of the ACT. Transfer students may check the transfer brochure for information regarding how many units exempt them from submitting their test scores to the admission committee.
+-If I take AP or IB classes in high school will they count at Chapman?
+-Is it possible to transfer to Chapman University?
+-If I plan on transferring to Chapman, how do I know which college courses I’ve taken will transfer?
+-How much is tuition?
+-Is it possible to have a personal interview with an admission counselor?
Chapman does offer interviews with "Admission Fellows" and occasionally regional interviews for those who cannot make it to campus for a Fellows interview. Generally speaking, however, the demand for personal interviews far exceeds the abilities of the admission staff. The best opportunity for "face time" with admission counselors exists at our daily Information Sessions. These presentations give students and their families an opportunity to ask questions directly to one of our officers. The Admission staff highly values speaking individually with students whenever possible and encourages students to contact their counselor should they have special questions or circumstances to discuss.
Transfer students may set up an advising appointment if necessary to discuss their academic progress.
See what Interview Opportunities are available >
+-What should I do if I’m interested in playing a sport at Chapman?
+-Is it possible to receive a copy of the course catalog?
+-Can I send additional paperwork to supplement my application?
+-I was accepted, can I defer my admission?
+-How do I go about setting up an audition for Music, Dance, or Theatre?
+-Do you have any additional requirements for students applying to the Business Administration major?
+-How do I schedule a tour of Chapman?
+-Which classes am I required to take as an incoming freshman?
+-Is housing available for all students?
+-What are the deadlines for admission?
Deadlines for First Year/Freshmen
Early Action - November 1
- Film Production candidates who apply by November 1 are given priority. Applying by the November 1 deadline is strongly recommended. Please refer to Dodge College's film production requirements for more information.
- Pharmacy candidates must apply by November 1. Please refer to the Pharmacy website for more information.
- Dance candidates must complete their in-person auditions or audition upload by November 9. *
- Music candidates must complete their in-person auditions by November 9, or their audition upload by November 15. *
- Theatre candidates must complete their in-person auditions or audition upload by November 15. *
* If your audition is not completed or received by the deadline, your application will be put in to the pool with our Regular Decision candidates. Please refer to the Department Specific Requirements for more information.
Regular Decision- January 15
Deadlines for Transfers
Fall admission- March 15
Spring admission- October 15
+-Where can I learn more about on campus clubs and activities?
- Undergraduate Admission
- Why Chapman?+
- Can I Afford Chapman?+
- Visiting Chapman+
- How to Apply+
- Meet Your Counselors
- Check Admission Status+
- Transfer Students+
- Discover Chapman Day+
- International Students+
- College Guidance Counselors+
- Department/Art Supplement Requirements+
- Transfer Student College Fairs+
- International Travel Schedule+
- High School Visits & College Fairs+
- Meet the Class of 2017
- Class of 2018
- Application Tips+