»International Students

Global education is central to a Chapman University education. At Chapman, you will receive a personalized education that will not only help you adjust to the American educational system, but will also prepare you to take your place as a productive global citizen.

Students come to Chapman from all 50 states, each U.S. territory and 63 countries, including Brazil, Canada, China, India, Germany, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Vietnam and the United Kingdom.

International students seek out Chapman because of our location in sunny Southern California, but they also come for the incredible opportunities, including international internships, graduate research, study abroad programs, student activities and leadership development.

For more information, contact intladmit@chapman.edu or 1-714-997-6711.

*Due to new government regulations, we are unable to accept international students into the following programs at this time: MM Keyboard Collaborative Arts and Doctor of Pharmacy. We hope to be able to accept students for the next academic year. We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to receiving your application at that time. For more information, contact intladmit@chapman.edu.


Education USA Logo

EducationUSA centers are the U.S. State Department‘s network of hundreds of advising centers in 170 countries designed to assist local students find the appropriate U.S. college or university.

+-Am I considered an International Student at Chapman?

To find out if you're considered an International Student, find which statement most accurately describes your situation from the list below:

I have a foreign passport or citizenship.
Yes, all citizens of countries other than the U.S. are considered international students at Chapman.

I am a U.S. permanent resident and a citizen of another country.
No, your U.S. permanent residency keeps you as a domestic applicant. I am a dual citizen with the U.S.
No, your U.S. citizenship keeps you as a domestic applicant.

+-Will there be students like me at Chapman?

There are 369 graduate and undergraduate international students coming from 64 countries at Chapman.

+-Will I have a chance to speak with an admission counselor from Chapman if I cannot come to campus to visit?

Our graduate counselors are always available by phone or email.  Please contact the Graduate Admission Office directly at 1-888-282-7759 (888-CU-APPLY) or via email at gradadmit@chapman.edu.

+-What do I do if my transcripts are not available in English?

Please provide certified English translations of your transcripts. Line-by-line and word-for-word exact translations are required. We must have both the native language and English translation copies.

+-Can I check my application status online?

Web Advisor will allow you to monitor your application status. Web Advisor access information is provided by Chapman's IS&T office through the mail. If you have any troubles with your Username & Password, please contact the Service Desk at: (714) 997-6600 or servicedesk@chapman.edu PLEASE BE SURE TO HAVE YOUR STUDENT ID# number available when contacting the office.

If you are an applicant for Fall 2015 and beyond, you may check the status of your application through Self-Service.

If you are a Doctor of Physical Therapy or MS Communication Sciences and Disorders applicant, you may check the status of your application through PTCAS or CSDCAS, respectively.

+-What if I have specific questions about the graduate program of my interest?

Please contact the Office of Graduate Admission at intladmit@chapman.edu or (714) 997-6711

+-What if I have questions about the visa process?

Please contact Susan Sams, International Student & Scholar Services Coordinator at sams@chapman.edu or (714) 997-6829.

+-When is the I-20 sent?

The I-20 is sent only to admitted and deposited students by International Student Services.

+-Do I have to take a graduate admission test?

A graduate admission test is required for the following programs: Ph.D. Education; MS Communication Sciences and Disorders; MA Counseling; Ed.S. School Psychology; MS Health and Strategic Communication; MS Food Science; MS Economic Systems Design; MS Computational and Data Sciences; MA International Studies; MS Accounting; MS Athletic Training; MMS Physician Assistant Studies; Ph.D. Computational and Data Sciences; Doctor of Physical Therap; and all MBA programs.

For all other programs, a graduate admission test is required if the cumulative grade point average (GPA) of your bachelor’s degree is below a 3.00. If the cumulative GPA is between 2.50 and 2.99 you may be considered for admission by submitting a satisfactory test score.

+-What is the required TOEFL, IELTS, PTEA, or CAE score to attend Chapman?

Applicants must achieve a minimum score of:
– TOEFL: 550 (PBT) or 80 (iBT)
– IELTS: 6.5
– PTEA: 53
– CAE: Level C1

Conservatory of Motion Pictures (Dodge College), Ph.D. Education and Ph.D. Computational Science applicants must achieve a minimum score of:
– TOEFL: 600 (PBT) or 100 (iBT)
– IELTS: 7.0
– PTEA: 68
– CAE: Level C1

MBA applicants must achieve a minimum score of:
– TOEFL: 600 (PBT) or 87 (iBT)
– IELTS: 7.0
– PTEA: 59
– CAE: Level C1

+-How can I apply for graduate admission?

+-Where do I send my transcripts, copy of diploma, English translations and financial documents?

Please send the documents to:

Chapman University 
Office of Graduate Admission 
One University Drive 
Orange, CA 92866 

+-What is the amount that needs to be listed on the Graduate International Supplemental Form?

We do not require a certain dollar amount on this form. The best way to estimate your costs for Chapman are to consulate the costs for the current academic year. Be sure to add all costs for attending Chapman: Tuition, housing & meal plans if you plan to live on-campus, health insurance and other miscellaneous fees like books, etc.

+-Are international students eligible for financial aid?

International students are not eligible for need-based financial aid at Chapman. Department scholarships and fellowships are available to qualified international students. Please contact the specific department for further information.

+-What documentation does Chapman require from international applicants?

Graduate International Supplemental Form and supporting financial documents (i.e., an official bank statement, letter (in English) specifying deposit amount or an employer's letter (in English) specifying sponsor's annual salary) are required.

+-What are the Wire Transfer Details?

Click here for more information on making a payment

Account Name:
Chapman University General Operating Account
One University Drive
Attention: Financial Services Dept.
Orange, CA 92866

Name of Bank:
Wells Fargo Bank - Orange Plaza
Orange Plaza Branch
101 E. Chapman Ave
Orange, CA  92866
Account Number: 9286-0000-1111-2222-3
ABA Number(Routing Number): 121-000-248
International Wires, Swift code: WFBIUS6WFFX Students must include their name, student ID number, and reason for wire transfer such as: Application Fee, Enrollment deposit, or Housing deposit. If depositing for both (enrollment and housing) please send two separate deposits marked accordingly.

+-Can International students work in USA?

International Students are eligible for jobs on campus for up to 19 hours a week. The amount earned will not be sufficient to put towards the cost of attendance at Chapman. International students are not permitted to work off-campus due to visa restrictions. For more information, visit the Student Employment Office's Website.
  • Featured
  • News
  • Events
  • page loading






    View all News »
  • page loading






    View all Events »