1. Program Description, Challenges and Opportunities
- Mission of the program
- How does the program support the mission and strategic plan of the University?
- Educational goals
- Brief history
- How has the program responded to its most recent program review?
- Provide data or evidence in support of your answers to the following:
- How does the academic unit support the general education program?
- Has the program made significant progress towards achieving national recognition during the period under review?
- How has the program contributed to the Strategic Plan themes of: internationalization, interdisciplinary studies and faculty/student research?
- What are the program's future plans for achieving national recognition?
- Program’s strengths and weaknesses
- Proposed changes and opportunities
Recommended Supporting Exhibit: Departmental Strategic Plan2. Educational Effectiveness and Curriculum
- Degrees offered
- Program learning outcomes for each degree
- Degree requirements, curriculum map, course catalog descriptions
- Syllabi: are program and course learning outcomes clearly indicated?
- Describe evidence or indicators you use to know if program is doing a good job, comparatively? (Standardized test scores, professional accreditation, competitions, presentations, shared criteria or rubrics, comparative data or rankings, etc.)
- How does the program compare to its competitors or other like programs in terms of student learning?
Required Supporting Data: Learning Outcomes Assessment Reports, (last 5 years), Assessment Committee Responses, (last 5 years), Curriculum Map, Course Syllabi, Rubrics3. Students and Learning Environment
- Number of majors/minors
- Five-year admission trend analysis: number of inquiries, applications, deposits and enrollments, graduation and retention data analysis
- Describe student support services
- Describe advisement process
- Opportunities: internships, practica, professional development, and/or field experiences
- Provide any data showing student satisfaction with the overall quality of their learning experiences
4. Faculty: Fulltime and Adjunct
- Faculty overview
- Faculty usage / workload
- Faculty evaluation plan
- Criteria for evaluating faculty
- Tenure and promotion guidelines
- Faculty professional development plan
Required Supporting Data: Faculty Vitae; Faculty Evaluation Plan, Tenure and Promotion Guidelines; Governance/Procedures Manual; Faculty (Institutional Data)
5. Program Administration and Support
- Administrative support
- Student Support Services
Recommended Supporting Data: Annual budget revenues and expenditures for last five years
- Learning Outcomes Assessment Reports, last 5 years (Required)
- Assessment Committee Responses, last 5 years (Required)
- Curriculum Map (Required)
- Course Syllabai (Required)
- Rubrics (Required)
- Departmental Strategic Plan (Recommended)
- Faculty Vitae (Required)
- Faculty Evaluation Plan (Required)
- Tenure and Promotion Guidelines (Required)
- Academic Advising Guidelines for Students/Faculty (Required)
- Governance/Procedures Manual (Required)
- Other department/school documents/information
- Enrollments/Course Offerings
- Students- Enrollment, Graduation and Retention Data