Freshman Foundations Course Learning Outcome: Critically analyzes and communicates complex issues and ideas
The Freshman Foundations Course was assessed in the spring 2013. The assessment of the student work samples collected resulted in the following action steps.
Actions Steps Taken:
- Evaluation rubric for the Freshman Foundations Course was redesigned
- New outcome statement and rubric criteria will be widely distributed to faculty members teaching Freshman Foundation courses each semester for consistency
- In the future, specific assignment prompts should accompany student work samples that are collected for the purpose of FFC assessment.
- Requested that FFC faculty discuss consistency and the connection between assignments and the new rubric.
- The next FFC assessment should be conducted within the next 5 years