The Freshman Foundations Course was assessed in the spring 2013. The assessment of the student work samples collected resulted in the following action steps.
Actions Steps Taken:
- Evaluation rubric for the Freshman Foundations Course was redesigned
- New outcome statement and rubric criteria will be widely distributed to faculty members teaching Freshman Foundation courses each semester for consistency
- In the future, specific assignment prompts should accompany student work samples that are collected for the purpose of FFC assessment.
- Requested that FFC faculty discuss consistency and the connection between assignments and the new rubric.
- The next FFC assessment should be conducted within the next 5 years