The GE program at Chapman reflects the University’s mission to provide its students with a personalized education of distinction that leads to inquiring, ethical, and productive lives as global citizens.
We therefore encourage students to shape their GE program in ways that provide the most benefit for their individual educational journey, using it to develop new areas of knowledge and to make connections across courses and disciplines and between their GE program and major.
The GE program goals are to help students:
- Develop the means of critical inquiry in academic and civic matters
- Gain breadth of knowledge in the liberal arts and depth of knowledge in areas unique to Chapman
- Cultivate ethical awareness in learning and practice
- Engage in experiential learning as thoughtful, principled citizens in a local and global sense
- Become independent thinkers able to sustain a lifelong desire for intellectual growth