The Chapman Ability Project presents its third ADOS-2 Training:
November 19, 2014-November 21, 2014
The ADOS-2 as Part of a Comprehensive Autism Assessment:
This 3 day-training is designed for school psychologists, clinical psychologists, speech language pathologists and related professionals interested in learning administration and interpretation of the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule-2 (ADOS-2) and how to incorporate information gathered through ADOS-2 administration into a comprehensive Autism Spectrum Disorders assessment.
Presenters: Steve Kanne, Ph.D., ABPP and Anna Laakman, M.Ed. from The Thompson Center for Autism and Neurodevelopmental Disabilities at the University of Missouri
During days 1 and 2, participants will receive clinical training with the ADOS-2. There will be an overview of the 5 modules (Modules 1-4 and the Toddler Module), live demonstrations of two of the modules, and opportunities to practice and discuss the scoring criteria. Day 3 goes beyond the traditional ADOS-2 clinical level training by providing opportunities for hands-on practice and constructive feedback provided by two highly skilled practitioners with ADOS-2 research-reliable level training. Participants will learn how to incorporate information gathered through ADOS-2 administration into a comprehensive ASD assessment.
Objectives, Days 1 and 2:
- To learn the semi-standardized administration of the ADOS-2.
- To develop familiarity with the ADOS-2 as a diagnostic tool.
- To practice scoring the ADOS-2 based on live demonstrations.
- To learn about the interpretation and reporting of ADOS-2 results.
Objectives, Day 3:
- To develop familiarity with the ADOS-2 through hands-on practice.
- To refine administration and scoring skills though applied practice and constructive feedback.
- To learn the components of a comprehensive Autism Spectrum Disorder assessment.
- To integrate information gathered through ADOS-2 administration into a comprehensive assessment.